In late fall of 2012 Harley Sproul, the founder of Campfire Cookware handed the business to me, Chas Gill of Bowdoinham, Maine. Harley, of Lincoln Maine, had spent 10 years perfecting the Sproul Baker and the equipment to build them. A great deal of time and energy went into the creation of this oven. I thank Harley for both keeping the traditional oven in production and also for allowing me to continue where he left off. I have been Master Maine Guide for over 30 years; grew up leading wilderness trips down the Allagash River and St. John River as well as hiking in Baxter State Park and through the woods of Maine. I reside in Bowdoinham, Maine with my wife Linda and two children.
"I have always been a proponent of the reflector oven. The key to a fun and enjoyable wilderness trip is the quality of food. Being able to cook fresh breads and desserts on the trail is easily done with a reflector oven. With a little bit of planning, practice and a campfire you can bake any food in the same time as using your oven at home."
The Sproul Baker is the finest campfire reflector oven on the market today. Based on traditional design using modern materials these ovens will last a lifetime. Each Sproul Baker is individually hand made in Bowdoinham, Maine with locally sourced materials.
REFLECTOR OVEN FEATURES
Features of the "Sproul Baker" Folding Reflector Oven.
1. The SPROUL BAKER reflector oven makes campfire cooking easier and better.
2. The oven features are superior to the features of the only other reflector oven available on the market commercially.
3. Will bake any food that you would bake in your oven at home, in the same recipe times.
4. With the oven assembled, it is a strong one-piece unit, with a handle cool enough to be picked up and moved to facilitate proper baking results.The handle remains cool to the touch, not requiring the use of hot mitts.
5. The dark baking pan allows complete heat absorption to maintain proper baking temperatures in the food being cooked.
6. The shining surface of the oven gives complete reflection of the heat coming from the open bright flame from the fire.
7. The angles of the top and bottom reflecting surfaces give proper reflection of the heat for the total absorption of the heat in the food.
8. The weight of the oven, baking pan and trail bag is only three pounds, compared to the weight of a #12 dutch oven, sometimes used for the same purpose, weighing 17 1/2 pounds.
9. The resilience of the oven material allows for spring back when bent moderately, allowing for the oven to be packed in with normal camping gear.
10. With proper washing and drying, the " SPROUL BAKER " will give years of use with superior results.ay it here.
INDIVIDUALLY HAND MADE IN BOWDOINHAM, MAINE WITH LOCALLY SOURCED INPUTS